Gum disease can cause your oral health to decline over time. Unfortunately, gum disease is often painless, so many people do not know they have it until it claims a tooth or two. That is why keeping up with your dental checkups are essential to maintaining favorable oral health.
Our dentists, Drs. Adam Rauzman, Alexander Kim, and Melissa Pallotta care about your smile. That is why our team in Hawthorne, New Jersey, is happy to help protect your smile from the clutches of gum disease.
Here is a list of essential facts on gum disease, so you can understand it better:
– Gum disease has symptoms such as bleeding and swollen gums, tooth loss, persistent bad breath, and even bone loss in your jaw.
– Plaque, also known as the sticky film of bacteria that sticks to your teeth and gums after you eat, can sink into your gums that trigger gum disease.
– The leading number one cause of tooth loss in adults is from gum disease.
– Gum disease is an oral health infection that happens deep in your gums, which is the area surrounding your teeth.
– There is little to no pain when you have gum disease, which is why most people do not know they have it until later stages and other oral health problems.
If you still have questions about gum disease and your oral health, please call us today at 973-427-4201 to schedule an appointment. Our team of experts at Adam Rauzman, DDS is happy to take your call and welcome you to visit our office.